Avalon Beach Market Day Stallholder Application Form
This application form does not guarantee a place at Avalon Market Day.
The cost of having a 3m x 3m stall is:
- Avalon Parade = $310
- Old Barrenjoey Road = $310
- Dunbar Park = $170
- Dunbar Park - food and beverage stall = $250
- Food truck = $250
- Community / Charity* = Free
* There is a limit of 20 community / charity stalls available in Dunbar Park for free.
Demand for a stall at Avalon Market Day is high. We are looking for a point of difference in terms of originality, quality, innovation & presentation. The decision to approve stalls will be based on the following criteria:
- Products / mercandise are of high quality
- Preference will be give to stallholders living in the local area (Avalon, Palm Beach & Bilgola) and in the Northern Beaches Local Government Area
- Meet appropriate safety standards (electrical or mechanical products and food products are required to have relevant licenses and approvals)
- Meet Northern Beaches Council Waste Management Guidelines (refer to below)
All applications will be thoroughly assessed and all successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified to that effect. No further correspondence will be entered into. Avalon Market Day management reserve the right not to explain why an application was unsuccessful.
Being a past stallholder does NOT automatically guaranteed a place at market day or your regular stall location.
Northern Beaches Event Waste Management Guidelines
Northern Beaches Council is committed to delivering best practice in the area of environmental protection and sustainability. Council requires all events to adhere to their Event Waste Management Guidelines to ensure all events held in the Northern Beaches local government area are held in a sustainable manner with minimise waste.
Council's waste avoidance principles include:
- Individual sugar, salt and pepper, sauce sachets
- Polystyrene and plastic plates, bowls, cutlery etc including compostable "bio-plastics"
- Plastic bags, straws and stirrers
- Sunscreen sachets
- Bottled water
- Balloons (all types)
- Provide bulk shakers or bulk dispensers
- Reusable serving-ware such as crokery
- Paper and cardboard products e.g. paper serviettes
- Biodegradable products e.g. bamboo cutlery and sugarcane plates (note: compostable "bio-plastics" are single-use plastic and are prohibited)
- Paper straws
Please note recyclable material such as glass bottles and jars, milk and juice cartons, aluminum cans, paper and cardboard and recyclable plastic bottles (excluding bottled water) are acceptable at events.
Successful applicants will be required to provide detailed information regarding the anticipated type and volume of waste and / or recyclables that will be generated during Avalon Market Day (both front and back of house).
Council representatives will be attending market day and will be policing the waste management practices of all stallholders. Stallholders that do not adhere to the above guidelines may be fined by Council and not be invited to future market days.
If you have any questions regarding Council's Event Waste Management Guidelines, please contact Council on 1300 434 434 or email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
Please ensure you read the Terms & Conditions and also the additional Information Sheet to ensure you are ready to attend. Fields marked with an asterix (*) are mandatory.